Monday, February 9, 2009

32nd Regional Secondary Schools Press Conference



By Rebecca Isabel F. Salinas, I-Semplicita

Being a Freshman student, I don’t gave any idea what the Regional Press Conference in High School does. I started to think its hard, but I guess I will be able to get over it.
Last November 25, 2008, we went to the Regional Press Conference in Notre Dame of Greater Manila in Grace Park, Caloocan City. I was with ate Po Teresa Santiago and ate Julianne Love de Jesus. We were accompanied by our moderator, Mrs. Dianne Tagle.
Climate Change: A Call for Responsible Journalism was the contest’s theme. It tells that journalists like us have a special role in protecting Mother Earth. Through writing, we can encourage people on how to start thinking about this issue.
The Regional Press Conference’s Keynote Speaker was Cheryl Cosim, a reporter from ABS-CBN. She encourages us to pursue writing so that the society will be aware of the current environmental issue.
After the short program, the schedules of the contest proper was started, I was with the last contest time; on Editorial Writing.
When my time came, I listened to the speaker and wrote my piece afterwards; it sounded easy, but its not.
A tiring day ended, and we all went back to school full of hope.

No comments: